Monday, April 27, 2009

The Secret Life of a Spitball


It wasn’t a bad sort of day. It was the kind of day which inspires you to be glad that you aren’t an electrophorus electricus, the electric eel, which isn’t an eel, but who cares? (Even though it’s like saying an elephant is actually a mutant sheep)- erm, oh yes, the non-eel… The male has to build a nest out of his own saliva, which must be quite draining. Besides having to swim around intimidating other fish and amphibians with his 500 volts of electricity, he has to go home to his unfinished foundations and drool all over the place like an army recruit in a strip club.

Spit is very useful. It is well known to mothers across the globe that genetically-linked saliva will, when added to a tissue, act as a better cleaning agent than formally-bought store products in the task of cleaning a child’s face, but only when the mother is sitting in the front seat of the car, and she realizes that ill will be thought of her should she allow her grubby-cheeked cherub to enter the public eye.

It’s good for intimidating bullies- the old sideways-hawk is enough to wrest the biggest oaf on the block into submission, right? Well, no, but that doesn’t deter teenagers from doing it as part of a pre-fight ritual. Because everyone knows getting punched in the mouth when it is full of saliva is no joke, it could shoot out your nose and mess up your black T-shirt, which you insisted Mom dye because it used to say ‘I Ran in the Wholesome as Apple Pie Fun Run’, and that didn’t fit in with your sense of style…

Lastly, it’s a good thing babies can’t acquire interior or fashion design certificates, because, to a baby, no couch is good enough, no shoulder entirely finished, with out a wad of spit-up on it. This is not actually genuine spit, but regurgitated breastmilk, so this does not technically qualify, but it has sufficient traces of saliva for it to be included. In fact, if I could somehow extract the spit-up from my furniture, clothing and shoes, I could probably desiccate it and sell it to upmarket boutiques as an anti-aging powder.

You made it. Congratulations. I have no idea, either, but trust me, I prefer the term ‘Drama King’, as this seems to aid in the pointless wringing out of words. Don’t look for a deeper meaning. There isn’t one.

18 comments:

  1. This is a post from the bottom of the barrel, right? RIGHT? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sween tweeted this today and it seems fitting: Once you realize "luge" and "loogie" are two totally different words, the Winter Olympics makes a lot more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SMP: Oooooh no, my barrel is deep, wide and dark, you dip into it, and yuo neber know what will come out. And it doesn't accept returns.
    @MDL: Wish I'd come across the word 'loogie' before this, it would have given the post the roundedness it lacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: The last comment: 'yuo neber'???
    Uncle Remus stole my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yurgh. Best neen gets back vvvv soon! Ur losing it over there BIL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Divinebee: Niiiiiice, like I ever crticise YOUR blog? SIL, you could at least update occasionally, hey, even a non-sputum post would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny Scott. I laughed all the way through that. Now all you need is a follow up on the deeper meanings of spit. LOL. Seriously Scott where do you come up with this stuff? Ha ha!!!

    In answer to the question you asked me, I am ok. I have been really sick and moving also. It is has left me really tired with hardly any energy. The moving is finished now I just need some rest. That's why I haven't been writing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @SBrain: There is no deeper meaning! Spit is shallow.. (cymbal crash)
    Glad to hear you are still around, looking forward to you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your claiming there is no meaning has me convinced there IS a meaning hidden here, somewhere. Maybe if I read just every 7th letter...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Briane P: The hidden meaning? Sure... watch the swinging waaaatch.... you are feeling sleeepy... send me a money order....

    ReplyDelete
  11. That thing looks like a giant angry zombie "peecee" as my boy would call it... haha!

    Hun, I am SO sorry that I'm such a poo poo head at catching up, I'm trying to not die this week and I've gotten rather behind, please forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sam: It is waht you make of it, I guess... 'peecee'?
    Glad you aren't commenting from behind the veil.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So kind of like Pandora's Box then? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @SMP: Exactly. Why are you people so fascinated with spit? Ya freaks! Move alooong!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, you had me in hysterics, which is not a good thing when one suffers from giggle-induced asthma attacks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @angel; I don't want to kill you, should I post an asthma warning banner?

    ReplyDelete

Say something! It can't be worse than what I have said. Note: Sometimes you have to press 'comment' twice. Stupid comments thingy.