Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This is my thumb




A second brief post:


I won't bore you with too much political information. We voted today. There's been a mood of excitement. It was a holiday, so everyone wandered around not knowing what to do with themselves afterwards. I did vote- I feel the history of this country makes it our responsibility to vote. But is was an angry vote, a vote against rather than for. And this indelible ink on my thumb really is indelible.


Just sticking this up here to capture a snapshot of a moment in time of this country's history. And becasue I like the stretchy effect of the photo. I'm not very deep that way.

12 comments:

  1. I like the photo.
    My ink "dot" has run down the sides of my thumb around my nail... and I burnt the shape of my sunglasses onto my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Angel: Might as well gat a tattoo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moaned at the woman for ruining my manicure. I AM a Northern suburbs kugel

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Blaine Fridley: They are all cast from the same mold, so I voted against one party. Your interest in world affairs astounds me! You could get a lot of mileage out of the guy who will soon be our president: Hint: He thinks a shower prevents AIDS (after an 'alleged' rape).

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, i was wondering if you might want to write a guest piece on the S.A. political climate/election (laced with your savory brand of humor, of course) for the DoF? no worries if you don't want to, just throwin' it out there, i think it'd be interesting/educational to get political insight from elsewhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @divinebee: You are in fact doooooomed. See ya on the weekend for stimulating conversation and wine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @blaine fridley: Yup, happy to- I'll just wait another day or so for the final result. I'll get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool, thanks! i'll leave an email address you can send it to when you're done on your blogcatalog "shout board" thingy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure! Feel free to spit it back at me if you think it's useless...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I scowled so much at the IEC official that mine is more a smidge than an ink dot. I don't pay an expensive manicurist to do my nails so they can besmirch them with their crap ink. I too voted against tyranny.

    ReplyDelete

Say something! It can't be worse than what I have said. Note: Sometimes you have to press 'comment' twice. Stupid comments thingy.